Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Basic income question for bringing a foreign spouse to Ireland

Options
  • 19-02-2018 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have been researching this myself but just wish to make doubly sure. Is there any requirement for the Irish national to have a certain level of income to bring a foreign spouse here? I'm just a run of the mill worker these days but have been talking with my fiancee about her coming here to live for a few years with me. This might be able to make her more at ease with the idea of coming here to live.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

gyakudave1 wrote: »
    I have been researching this myself but just wish to make doubly sure. Is there any requirement for the Irish national to have a certain level of income to bring a foreign spouse here? I'm just a run of the mill worker these days but have been talking with my fiancee about her coming here to live for a few years with me. This might be able to make her more at ease with the idea of coming here to live.
    Thanks in advance.

I think it would depend what your spouse's citizenship is. My (future) sister in law has difficulty with her husband even getting a holiday visa never mind trying to get him permission to live here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

If you are an Irish national and your spouse is Visa required you must have earned a minimum of €40,000 over the last 3 years. Also no social welfare claims within the last 2 years.
    Not a typo!!! Yes it is a stupidly low amount.
    There other criteria but that is the financial one v

Advertisement