Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I am beginning to think my mum is Bipolar?

• 19-02-2018 5:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43

Hi,
    I have learned a little bit about bipolar from reading an article in a magazine and it got me interested so I researched it more.
    I always thought it was normal but I'm starting to think it could be something more than that.
    My mum for as long as I Know sings all the time. She is not by any means a professional singer so it can be quite difficult if trying to study and she won't shut up!!!
    It's not usually songs she sings and if it is it's always the same line over and over again. She will sing a line of a song. Stop for 10 seconds and sing the same line again and this could go on for hours and hours until someone else starts talking or if she is watching tv. And then she sings things like "we are having soup for dinner, soup for dinner, soup for dinner".
    As I am typing this I am laughing because it's so silly but yet I cannot help thinking it's not normal for a woman in her mid 50s. She can be neutral at times but usually it's either singing or feeling sad/tired as she spends a lot of time sleeping on the sofa . She has a history of postnatal depression as far as I remember her saying.

Opinions please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

We cannot diagnose people over the internet, nor do psychologists generally diagnose.

You would need a clinical psychologist or doctor to help diagnose OP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD:
    Hi SazSarsh,
    You may wish to seek professional help for your Mum. In any case, we cannot diagnose this here in our forum.

Best wishes, Black Swan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement