Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re roofing garage

Options
  • 19-02-2018 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Quick question - hopefully this is the right forum.

Have a garage (approx. 10 ft x 20 ft) built with concrete blocks. I think the roof might be poured concrete but not 100 % sure on that. Anyway, roof is currently leaking, with small drips forming on the roof and the interior quite damp.

Looking at options on where to start with waterproofing it. Torch on felt is one I had considered, as is cladding. Any sort of reroofing is not an option as the garage is built into a line of garages shared with other houses on the street, and the chances of getting agreement from everyone to chip in are rather low.

Who would I be best contacting? Roofer, builder, any other suggestions? Not really sure where to start on getting an idea of the best way to proceed.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I went with a roof paint, similar size roof, ~100€ for materials, only Lasted two winters.. going with 3mm bitumen.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Thanks Bryan.

Thought about torch on felt/bitumen alright. You planning on putting it on yourself? I'm concerned that it won't last more than 2 or 3 years, so was thinking some sort of metal cladding might be more of a permanent solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

I have the same problem..but my garden is laying up against the wall of the garage on 3 sides..about 2 foot high.all round.got the roof refelted twice and still is soaked inside of the roof..any suggestions s please

Advertisement