Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Roof and Foundations

Options
  • 19-02-2018 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

Would anyone be able to give a guide cost per sq m of a new roof and floor/foundations? Trying to determine if there is a significant difference in price having a single storey footprint of 140sq m as opposed a two storey with a footprint of 70sq m?

Appreciate any advice!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

If you go to two storey you need to allow additional floor space at ground and first floor for the staircase and circulation. For smaller houses my personal preference is to go for a single storey.

At 140 Sq M there wont be a lot in the difference cost wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beannachtai

kieran. wrote: »
    If you go to two storey you need to allow additional floor space at ground and first floor for the staircase and circulation. For smaller houses my personal preference is to go for a single storey.

At 140 Sq M there wont be a lot in the difference cost wise.

Interesting thanks, would like to avoid going up so I don’t need to apply for planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

What is your project?
    140m2 will need planning whether its over one or two storeys!

kieran. wrote: »
    What is your project?
    140m2 will need planning whether its over one or two storeys!

There is an existing property of 105sq m, plan on adding 35 sq m extension which is in the allowable 40sq m. Plenty of room left in the garden too so shouldn’t be caught by any of the other restrictions (I think).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There is an existing property of 105sq m, plan on adding 35 sq m extension which is in the allowable 40sq m. Plenty of room left in the garden too so shouldn’t be caught by any of the other restrictions (I think).

So it’s a roof on 140 Sq. M and the foundations for 35 Sq. M?

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    So it’s a roof on 140 Sq. M and the foundations for 35 Sq. M?

Yes a roof of 140sq m, full foundations for 35 sq m but also tearing up suspended timber floors and laying slab for the existing 105sq m.

Advertisement