Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you have multiple/sub accounts with Degiro?

Options
  • 19-02-2018 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi All

I was thinking of opening a DeGiro account to save money for the kids. i.e. put it in an accumulating ETF and leave it there (separate to my own).

Just wondering if any of you know if you can:

1. Open a second account for yourself or a sub account on your main account? i.e. I would hold the account but invest it for the kids but keep it in my name.

2. Or would it be better just investing in a separate ETF within my own account (just to keep it separate)

3. Or can I open an account in their name? (They are only 3).

I'd rather keep the account in my name and give them the money later/use it for school/college fees. But also thinking of the gift tax issues etc if I gave them the money later and it wasn't in my name.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Can a minor become a client?
    "Yes, certainly. Please contact our Service Desk at clients@degiro.ie for information on how to open a minor account..." From there FAQ/Help Section: can-a-minor-become-a-client

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭excitementcity

Many thanks for that. Only issue there I suppose is that then the account is in their name rather than me holding something in my name for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

It says you would be the second account holder?

I would like to know the tax implications. Especially deemed disposal after 8 years etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭excitementcity

Yeah very true. Thanks a million for that

Advertisement