Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Date Question..

Options
  • 19-02-2018 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Morning all,

I am 11 weeks pregnant with my second child. I had a little girl who is 22 months old.
    I'm trying to work out when to go on maternity leave and I have a weird question!...

I went into spontaneous labour with her (no induction) and she was born on her due date. I'm wondering would that mean I will go a little earlier on this one? Or is there any way to know.

I think if I was to ask my consultant I'd be looked at like I have 10 heads.

Thanks in advance,
    W.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah no ask away!it's what they are there for, but there is probably no straight answer.
    My first was two days over (spontaneous), my second was eh....two weeks over (also spontaneous, but on the morning I was actually booked for induction).So there's no telling.
    This time round I have no expectations at all!!!Just hoping not two weeks over.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

There’s really no telling, on my first I went into labour 3 days over, on my second 1 day early and on my third I had to be induced after 10 days over! Was sure I’d have gone even earlier on the third but she had other ideas. So there’s no just no crystal ball-would be a lot easier if there was 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

There's no telling. Every pregnancy is different I wouldn't be counting on them being the same.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

8 days overdue on my first, induced 2 weeks early on my second (born 11 days early).

I worked until 37 weeks the first time, had 4 weeks to get everything ready after I finished up in work. I worked a few days longer the second time... Finished up on a Friday at 37+4 and was told on the Sunday in triage that it was either start induction the next day or have daily monitoring after a second bout of reduced movements.

Advertisement