Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working from home

Options
  • 19-02-2018 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I’ve just got to ask, can you actually get working from home jobs on the net? Most of work from home job adverts look like a scam especially with headlines like I MADE €3,500 BY WORKING FROM HOME and then it’s usually asking you for money to join this amazing money making system.

I’d like to do things like proofreading documents, typing up a document according to a person’s specifications (like if they had handwritten it first and then they could ask me to type it up and do some editing)

Now I mightn’t have posted on the right forum but this post seem kinda business like

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You can on freelancer websites, the majority of other sites are just scams and clickbait for adsense.

Do a search for 'freelancer websites'or 'freelance websites' on Google, the top few results are the main ones (upwork, peopleperhour and guru). How much you can make off them is debateable but that depends on the type of work too. There is another site fiverr, the kind of work you are describing will be very hard to compete for an make money off because sites like fiverr are flooded with it. The other ones tend to have more higher paid jobs but mostly in development and design.

Advertisement