Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen-open shelving?

Options
  • 18-02-2018 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

Is this a good or bad idea?
    I love the look, but only 2 of us in the house, so will I just be cleaning and dusting all the time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

I like the look of this as well - it's down to pure personal taste, I think. The thing that makes me pause about it is if it would always look like you hadn't finished tidying up if it was all on show.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It will get manky with a dust and grease mixture that is a pain to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

GreeBo wrote: »
    It will get manky with a dust and grease mixture that is a pain to remove.

This.
    I can't imagine that it's any way practical in a kitchen that's actually used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Thanks for the replies.
    What of the shelving wasn't near the hob?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Addle wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.
    What of the shelving wasn't near the hob?

The grease travels so no difference.
    Even without the grease dust would still be an issue. You'd need to take everything down and clean the whole thing once a week at least.

• Advertisement

To each their own, but I think it looks very cluttered.

But then I'm big into the whole minimalist look whenever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭CD2017

I’ve gone with a couple of open shelves in my new kitchen and wondered the same thing but I love the look so went with it anyway. Depends on the overall style you want I suppose... prob a bit more cleaning but really it’s only a couple of shelves can’t be that big a job x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

CD2017 wrote: »
    I’ve gone with a couple of open shelves in my new kitchen and wondered the same thing but I love the look so went with it anyway. Depends on the overall style you want I suppose... prob a bit more cleaning but really it’s only a couple of shelves can’t be that big a job x

I'm hoping to do this too. My friend has open shelves in her kitchen and she doesn't seem to have a problem with grease so hopefully it won't be much of an issue

Advertisement