Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else hear TUI are signed up to public services stability agreement?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The INTO exec did sign up to it AFAIK a few months back even though the vote was for the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭doc_17

If any unions didn’t accept it then they were going to gets hit with a big stick. No S&S payments, be restoration, no increments, no Ward report etc. So that’s why they didn’t repudiate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

ASTI, TUI and INTO were deemed to have been encompassed by the PSSA in January as they agreed to go into talks on pay inequality. Within the Public Service Pay and Pensions Act 2017, a stipulation was made that the Minister must address the issue of two tier pay and outline how it'll be resolved within 3 months. I'm not sure if this will even happen or rather, if anything will be done.

I wonder if TUI have proposed a motion similar to ASTI's motion 2 for their convention? It would be a real good day if both unions could work together and strike at the same time. I don't think INTO will ever strike.

I have been quite vocal of the issue in the previous few months, especially around the time of ASTI's special convention. It amazes me that a school year has nearly gone by, with less than 13 weeks left, and not one form of industrial action has been taken, except for TUI's lunchtime protest, and that itself was a protest, not a form of industrial action.

I can see why pay and conditions are continuing to deteriorate for all teachers. Our unions don't fight the battle. Talkin' ain't working. It justs give the government time to stall, and presto, it's the summer, no more school, good for another year they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭doc_17

Next times there’s a PS pay deal all 3 teachers unions should vote first in order to give the thing momentum. ICTu have the thing sewn up before we even vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Sir123 wrote: »
    I can see why pay and conditions are continuing to deteriorate for all teachers. Our unions don't fight the battle. Talkin' ain't working. It justs give the government time to stall, and presto, it's the summer, no more school, good for another year they say.

The start of the deterioration in third level started 19 years ago when they (TUI) negotiated the introduction of the Assistant Lecturer grade. They impoverished a generation of lecturers. The current low starting salaries are a legacy of that negotiation. As someone who joined as an AL their new found interest in the lower pay for new entrants annoys me when I see what they have done 20 years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement