Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Teaching Postgrad - Hibernia or UK PGCE

Options
  • 18-02-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

I'm considering doing either the English PGCE or Hibernia at the moment so was just wondering what people would consider to be a better option?

The PGCE appeals to me in that you only have to be spend one year out of the working world but along with the usual things like the cost of re-locating to the UK etc., I'm pretty concerned about what I've heard about the workload involved.
    Someone who did the course a number of years ago told me that whilst on placement, they would be in school from 7.30-5 and then spend the rest of the evening making lessons plans and materials until they went to bed at 12 that night.

I'm well aware that any teaching postgrad is intensive but that seems pretty grueling to me. Is Hibernia similar? If not, does anyone know what kind of hours it entails - I've heard mixed things from a couple of people.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement