Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC FIGHT NIGHT CERRONE VS MEDEIROS

Options
  • 18-02-2018 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭

1z6nfl.jpg

I'm not a fan of these sunday cards as lets face it...who's off on monday anyway?

I'm finding this main event pretty tough to call, would give cerrone an advantage standing but medeiros is tougher imo and if he keeps coming forward I think he may break cowboy late on.
    Oliveira had medeiros in trouble last time out but couldn't quite get the finish so for me if cowboy wins it, it will be round one or two and I think if it goes past two medeiros will finish stronger.
    I see yancy is favourite in some lists now which I don't really agree with either.

would love to know what others are thinking on this one.

vick/trinaldo another interesting one in that trinaldo has beaten better guys yet vick could be anything and sure nobody wants to fight him :p
    vick for me but no idea how he wins it exactly.

lewis tybura could go the distance, another I'm finding too hard to call.

mustn't forget super sage is back and fighting a guy who's won half his 12 fights by sub but has lost 3 of his last 4 albeit against decent opposition.

lastly sanchez fights sanchez also and neither one is diego :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Anyone see that stand up in the women's fight just there in rd 1? Seemed a joke to me, lots of ground and pound going on. Then when the girl on top got stood up it looked like she had never been in a fight in her life, blocking punches with her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

This one has to be a win for Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Millender looked great, lovely ko. Some height and reach advantage over most people at 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,378 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Vick is definitely the real deal, great footwork for a big lad and he uses his size and reach intelligently. He’s going to be tough to beat, could see him knocking on the door of the top 5 if he isn’t figured out soon.

Also I love the way he starts some of those combos with the flying knee. Don’t see much of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Great card. One of the few I can think of where every fight was entertaining. No real duds at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

trinaldo is tough as they come but the reach advantage was too much, vick has that same advantage against most of the top ten though
    I wasn't that impressed with him tbh, would like to see him fight someone like barbosa myself (barbosa would eat him for breakfast imo) and can't see why the like of chiesa whos 6'1 would want to avoid vick, assuming the likes of lee might just have wanted a bigger name?
    I think that's about as good as he is tbh and will probably come unstuck next time out if facing a better striker.

great card, great win for cowboy and lewis, would have been happy to see either fight win those though and great show of sportsmanship in the cowboy fight even more so by medeiros afterwards

i think gouti had the beating of northcutt, every time he rocked him he started grappling.
    the womens fight in the prelims was great as was the peterson fight, (yet to watch 3 prelims myself)

millender could be anything, looked really good and I can't imagine there'll be too many wanting to fight him after that performance.
    It's hard to belive the likes of alves once fought for the belt v gsp and even in his prime now would probably not be in the top ten.

great card overall, not a bad fight in it.

tinpib wrote: »
    Anyone see that stand up in the women's fight just there in rd 1? Seemed a joke to me, lots of ground and pound going on. Then when the girl on top got stood up it looked like she had never been in a fight in her life, blocking punches with her face.

Perhaps but unlike that Heather Hardy v Ana Julaton fight last week this one was actually entertaining. Sloppy, but entertaining nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Got to book the black beast vs ngannou next. Perfect fight for both men.

James Vick is a nightmare match up for anyone in the lightweight division.

Got to love Nate Diaz not giving a ****

ricero wrote: »
    Got to love Nate Diaz not giving a ****
    Damn right! RHhHvKD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I just to see him back in the cage. Pay the man Dana.

• Advertisement
Advertisement