Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - Change from Adult account to Child Account?

Options
  • 18-02-2018 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

When I setup the kids account on their Xbox One at Christmas, it looks like I set it up as an adult account.
    I now want to set a daily limit on their usage and can see that i can do this via the 'Family' function.
    The problem is though, their account is an adult account and I am therefore unable to set restrictions on it.
    I have modified the date of birth on their account but it remains an adult account.
    Any idea how I go about changing it to a Child account?
    I don't want to have to delete and re-create a new account as there are purchases associated with the account and credit available for use etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

If the only option is to delete the adult account and create a new child account, what are the downsides of doing so?
    Will they lose their Xbox Live account and credit within it etc?

Have a look at account.microsoft.com and see if you can change it to a child account. Your date of birth on xbox is set in stone, but it might still let you opt in to parental controls.

Edit: just had a look. Is the account already on the family.group? If so remove it and readd. You will have the option to set it as a child account. Only thing im not sure about is whether parentsl controls work off this or off the date of birth. Worth a try.

If you are going to setup a new account with a child date of birth, be aware that an increasing amount of games are blocking under 13s from multiplayer access due to child protection legislation.

Advertisement