Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putin, Kim yong and propaganda.

Options
  • 18-02-2018 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Ever think that America are the baddies and the rocket man is just some dude trying to run a country where he doesn’t want all the businesses in.
    The rest is propaganda and sanctions.
    Every now and again Putin tries to help but America win.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

We have access to credible sources and evidence from all over the world that corroborates events and situations

We know a good bit about N Korean life and that, for example, the country has labour camps. We know this from hundreds of sources, as well as physical and other evidence. Some of the individual accounts and stories may differ, but overall the base information remains the same

Likewise, going into the past, there are people who want to believe that e.g. the Holocaust didn't happen or was exaggerated or was a piece of "propaganda". In certain parts of the world, e.g. Middle East, belief in Holocaust denial or revision is relatively high. However there were a large number of living witnesses and survivors, the Nazi's kept meticulous records, the Allies deliberately documented everything they discovered - through all the historians that have researched it, and notably German historians - we know a lot about it

Whilst is might be fun to entertain the notion that N Korea is massive piece of world propaganda - the facts and evidence contradict wild theories like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

So we have a piece of land right between Russia and China.
    Americans put all their rockets in half of it Incase the other half attacks.
    Are the Russians and Chinese flouting the sanctions on them because they also like evil dictatorships on their doorstep.
    Who was the only country to drop one of these bombs everyone says this madman might drop.
    I’d well believe refugees can be told to exaggerate how bad a country is for a few quid or not getting sent back.
    I wouldn’t say it’s easy to keep a country going when capitalism puts so many sanctions on it. Then calls your jails work camps. People who don’t like the system don’t get help from it. It’s tough but I don’t believe he’s starving people out of fun. I believe there’s only so much food and his loyal subjects get it.
    If sanctions were lifted everyone there could eat.
    So two stubborn countries one is evil for not backing down the other is great for slowing the food traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The Chinese and most other countries in the region are sanctioning N Korea, which should give a clue

Also, most sanctions started long after the country's disastrous economic policies caused severe famines. Modern sanctions took place after 2006, when the leadership started developing nuclear weapons whilst it's people were starving.

The sanctions themselves mostly targeted the elites and weapons building, although they have broadened significantly in recent times

The US spent years sending aid to N Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ajsoprano wrote: »
    So we have a piece of land right between Russia and China.
    Americans put all their rockets in half of it Incase the other half attacks.
    Are the Russians and Chinese flouting the sanctions on them because they also like evil dictatorships on their doorstep.
    Who was the only country to drop one of these bombs everyone says this madman might drop.
    I’d well believe refugees can be told to exaggerate how bad a country is for a few quid or not getting sent back.
    I wouldn’t say it’s easy to keep a country going when capitalism puts so many sanctions on it. Then calls your jails work camps. People who don’t like the system don’t get help from it. It’s tough but I don’t believe he’s starving people out of fun. I believe there’s only so much food and his loyal subjects get it.
    If sanctions were lifted everyone there could eat.
    So two stubborn countries one is evil for not backing down the other is great for slowing the food traffic.
    What research or reading have you done into the recent history and current events of North Korea?

King Mob wrote: »
    What research or reading have you done into the recent history and current events of North Korea?

Apart from the usual news reports not much. I was just asking did anyone think it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ajsoprano wrote: »
    Apart from the usual news reports not much. I was just asking did anyone think it.
    If you're looking for a narrative where there's "goodies and baddies" then there's your problem.

If you really do care about the answer to your question, why not seek more detailed information about it?
    (And by that I mean stuff from reputable sources, not crap spewed out by conspiracy theory websites)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,685 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you engage in passive research looking for a confirmation bias, you're going to run into whatever information you want. You might even find that Kim is a George Soros employee. Who knows.

Overheal wrote: »
    If you engage in passive research looking for a confirmation bias, you're going to run into whatever information you want. You might even find that Kim is a George Soros employee. Who knows.

You re right it was a mad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 81,685 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Advertisement