Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop smell from neighbours garden, what to do?

Options
  • 17-02-2018 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My neighbour has a couple of dogs and has always been generally slow to clean up after them. It’s recently go particularly bad to the point where there is now a couple of 2-3 foot high piles of dog poo. It’s gotten to a point where smell is really unpleasant and back the house is starting to smell. We have previous problems with them and communication is pretty poor and don’t think approaching them on this matter would help. What should I do? Is there someone I can report this to? Surely there has to be a health risk to having that much poo lying around?

Any help or advice would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Crimo wrote: »
    My neighbour has a couple of dogs and has always been generally slow to clean up after them. It’s recently go particularly bad to the point where there is now a couple of 2-3 foot high piles of dog poo. It’s gotten to a point where smell is really unpleasant and back the house is starting to smell. We have previous problems with them and communication is pretty poor and don’t think approaching them on this matter would help. What should I do? Is there someone I can report this to? Surely there has to be a health risk to having that much poo lying around?

Any help or advice would be great

Local council.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Jesus thats disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Phone the local environmental dept, imagine what it will be like during the summer months?
    So the neighbours are piling it into 2/3ft piles but won't pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,440 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I'd say talk to them fairly strongly and give them a chance to do the right thing before you report them.
    They must know it's not right to do that and will probably make the effort because it has to be unpleasant for them too.
    If you report first it will make relationship worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

2-3 foot, really? Hard to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

My sister had this problem with neighbours too and the worse part was they would ask to borrow the lawnmower and being it back covered in poo. The smell was really bad in the wet warm weather. My sister sold up, there was a whole lot more wrong with these people as you can well imagine, dirty horrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Crimo

Thanks all for input. It's sounds mad but unfortunately it's true. I appreciate having a strong word with them would be sensible but unfortunately we've had other problems with them before so can't see that approach working.

What section of the Council should i go to? Would the DSPCA get involved as surely can't be good for animals either?

Am I clutching at straws or is there anything that can put in garden to mask the smell?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Do they scoop up and place in a sh1t heap?

We would always clean up, smell could be very bad especially in the summer.

Call your local council and speak to environmental health department.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Crimo

Yea they've just pilled it up against a wall in a mound rather than putting it in bin or whatever.

They were always slow to clean it up so you'd always have bit of smell in the summer but once warm days come around now it's bona be proper bad.

Yep gona have to get onto Council Monday i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maria21

Hi I was just wondering how you got on in the end with the council? I’m in a similar situation myself with my neighbours and I don’t know what to do. The smell of dog poo from their garden is so bad we can’t sit in our own garden.

• Advertisement
Advertisement