Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tradesmen costs/ quote

Options
  • 16-02-2018 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

can't see where this fits sorry.

I have been quoted for a job that seems v high and was wondering if this is typical?

I need a roof vent tile replaced as it has caused a leak to come through the extractor fan area in en suite. The quote is for replacement of roof tile, extractor fan, patch and paint ensuite ceiling = 480 PLUS VAT.

Is this a lot? I would have thought the electrician might charge 100-150 but is the roofer part that expensive???

I googled the cost of roof tiles and extractor fans and they seem to be cheap enough but i know it's the labour that screws you.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Get 3 quotes and compare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

73trix wrote: »
    can't see where this fits sorry.

I have been quoted for a job that seems v high and was wondering if this is typical?

I need a roof vent tile replaced as it has caused a leak to come through the extractor fan area in en suite. The quote is for replacement of roof tile, extractor fan, patch and paint ensuite ceiling = 480 PLUS VAT.

Is this a lot? I would have thought the electrician might charge 100-150 but is the roofer part that expensive???

I googled the cost of roof tiles and extractor fans and they seem to be cheap enough but i know it's the labour that screws you.

2 different trades, sparks for say an hour and guy to change the tile and patch & paint your ceiling probably a few hours plus travel for the pair of them, doesn’t sound outrageous but hard to know. Get a couple more quotes as said already.

Advertisement