Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway gravel getting onto pathway

Options
  • 15-02-2018 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I have removed my concrete driveway & lawn and laid gravel and approx 2m of bricks between the gravel end point and public pathway.
    All looks well etc.
    My issue is the gravel is been brought out (by the car tyres) to the paving area and public pathway and if not swept back, onto the roadway.
    Is there any device that will retain the gravel to where it should be?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Arklow10 wrote: »
    I have removed my concrete driveway & lawn and laid gravel and approx 2m of bricks between the gravel end point and public pathway.
    All looks well etc.
    My issue is the gravel is been brought out (by the car tyres) to the paving area and public pathway and if not swept back, onto the roadway.
    Is there any device that will retain the gravel to where it should be?

If you concrete over it, that usually keeps it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Regular application of sweeping brush will keep things in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You could put down a gravel stabilising grid in the last section before the bricks.

What sort of gravel do you have? Size and shape. Larger and angular shifts less than small and round. So maybe change the mix near the end.

Advertisement