Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puglia, Italy

Options
  • 15-02-2018 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭

Visiting Puglia for the third time at the end of June. We are a couple with three teenage boys. On both of our last visits we based ourselves around the Itrian valley (Cisternino and Ostuni). So we have already visited Alberobello, Locorotondo, Martina Franca etc. We have also spent time in Matera, Lecce and Bari. So this time we have decided we want to explore some more.

We have decided to head north this time. I have already booked a resort for a week in Vieste, really excited about exploring Gargano! However I have another three days at the end of June with nothing booked yet. Our starting point is Bari. We will have a car.

So my ideal location will be a smallish town with a really pretty centro storico, not overly busy (but not dead either). Myself and my wife both speak Italian so we can get away from the touristy areas without any worry. Just love visiting small family run restaurants that serve simple, cheap and tasty food and is full of locals- if they have a tourist menu outside I keep walking! To help guide replies, my favourite Puglian town so far is Ceglie Messapica, just loved the place :-)

Don't mind travelling in the wrong direction (i.e. away from Vieste) within reason. Considering Monopoli or Polignano (base in Conversano?), Trani or Barletta (or base in Andria?). But also open to inland suggestions- not really beach goers, although sea views are lovely.

Over to you educated folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 elturko

Hi Barnaboy,
    We are considering heading to Puglia for first time next year (2019) and I am looking for advice on where to stay please? We also have 3 teenage boys and would normally go for campsite type hols in Italy (Lake Garda & Tuscany), France and Spain. We are looking for a change though and have heard so much about Puglia. Are there any campsites in the area? It's not a problem if not, just looking for something similar (swimming pool, entertainment, bars etc...). We're not overly concerned about a beach. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I was in Italy in April and visited the Foggia region . Did't see a lot of entertainment and bars in this region .
    The bars were quiet , and all closed early . I found the region quiet and rural in general .

Advertisement