Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not being paid wages

Options
  • 15-02-2018 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

About 3 weeks ago, I quit my job. Mainly because the woman I worked for was a nightmare, she always did the roster last minute, and never paid on time. I always had to chase her for my wages for at least two weeks past when they were due every time, as she would 'forget' to send on my hours to the accountant. On top of that she often sent off less hours than i actually worked. After 6 months of this I got fed up and started looking around for a new place to work, I got an interview and landed the job. They needed me to start immediately, but I asked for a 1 week gap so at the very least I could give a 1 week notice to my boss. I didn't have a contract (hence the one week notice, even though I am amware 2 weeks to a month is always better) and she would give me random hours every month, so in January I ended up only working 66 hours (for €10xhr) which didn't even cover my rent and is one of the reasons i proceed to get a better job.

I let her know about the week notice by text as she never shows up to work and didn't answer my phone calls (not from my personal phone or from the store number). So on the 26th of Jan (my last day in work), she finally came in and acknowledged that i was leaving ect, and said she would sort out p45 and wages in the next week or so. I supposedly got paid monthly, and as i was finishing up on the 26th of January i expected to get my last paycheck on the 1st or 2nd of Feb as that would have been the 'normal' pay date. I say 'normal' because usually she'd be two to three weeks late paying me anyways so I didn't have much hope for it to go through on the 1st.

Either way it's now the 15th of February and she still hasn't sent me my last payslip. I have tried calling her and texting and she just reads my texts and doesn't reply. I called the accountant who does my payslips and she told me my boss had not been in touch with her and that she needed my hours to send me my p45. I also need to get holiday pay but she hadn't mentioned it so I'm not sure if I should ask her about it? (if she even replies to me). I know giving 1 week notice is not ideal, and it wasn't in my intentions, but I did my best that last week and brought in really good sales (it's a jewellery store in the powerscourt centre btw).

what should i do to make sure she pays me asap and that she pays me the right amount of hours and holiday pay? The accountant said she would try contact her about it but haven't heard anything since.
    Tagged:

Advertisement