Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Virgin

Options
  • 15-02-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey Everyone
    Hoping ye can help me.
    I am considering buying a MacBook Air for college.
    Where would be the best place to buy and do you think it’s necessary to buy extra warrant etc.
    Many Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Hey Everyone
    Hoping ye can help me.
    I am considering buying a MacBook Air for college.
    Where would be the best place to buy and do you think it’s necessary to buy extra warrant etc.
    Many Thanks :)

Available refurbished direct from Apple here https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_air/13

Most would advise against the Macbook Air now. Most likely to be discontinued , possibly this year and with no Retina display and reduced spec processor a few more euro might get you a better Mac. :) Im sure more qualified people here on Boards will advise you better than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭PaulT21

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Available refurbished direct from Apple here https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_air/13

Most would advise against the Macbook Air now. Most likely to be discontinued , possibly this year and with no Retina display and reduced spec processor a few more euro might get you a better Mac. :) Im sure more qualified people here on Boards will advise you better than me!

Have a look at this thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057830216 on Boards Bargain's for some discussion on the Macbook Air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Get one off Apple direct and avail of the student discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

OP I got myself a MacBook Air for college last year, and I'm happy with it. yes the specs (especially the screen) aren't as good as the regular MacBook line, but I really much prefer having the various different ports without having to get dongles etc. I also much prefer the Air keyboard and as 95% of what I do for college is writing, that was really important for me

I got mine in a "back to school" sale in August I think last year in PC World, it was cheaper even than the education store, or the regular Back To School event that Apple themselves run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I have a MacBook Air 5 years now and it's as good as the day I bought. Comparitively to newer Macs it's under spec'd (although I think most have 8GB of RAM now, however the ONLY time I see an issue with RAM is when I use my music production software) for the cost (a Retina screen is sorely missed).. However, for the right deal it'd be a great notebook to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 gillytotsxxx

Many thanks!

Advertisement