Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axa Drivesave

Options
  • 15-02-2018 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

OP, how did you find it?
    I've got a quote from them that's €100 more expensive than having a box and over €300 cheaper than the cheapest non monitored insurance I could find.
    My car is just a decoration in my driveway now and it's seriously frustrating so I want to make a move quick enough.
    I'm 24 and still my best quotes are €2550 with a box, €2680 with the app or €2900 without any monitoring. First time driving is an absolute nightmare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ah here, thread is nearly 5 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

biko wrote: »
    Moved out from old thread

Its not a box. It's an app. You do a certain amount of trips over 90days as well as at least 400km I think.
    I have it and find it handy to save a few quid as well as get abit of cash back over the year.
    Only thing I will say is it's very inconsistent. I do the same trip 5 days a week and it scores me randomly every time. I drived like a granny for 1 week just to test it and every time I got a different score.
    I think you have to get over 75percent to stay eligible to use it or they will charge you the full amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

It app is reviewing the last 90-days at any time.
    Up front your premium is 20% cheaper for anyone willing to “prove they drive like they say they do”
    After 6months the DS Team will review your progress, they are looking for -

-90 trips in last 90-days minimum
    -70% or higher safety score
    -400km distance covered

Simples...
    If safety score is 40% or lower and both the trips and km’s are correct
    That means you are not safe risk for insurance and policy will be cancelled thus you have no one to blame but yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JoeyJoe93

Rather than trusting the app I got a normal insurance policy for only about €200 more with a different company.
    Every time someone jams on the brakes in front of me or I creep at 3 or 4km over the limit it justifies my decision to go with normal insurance I think. The app might work for some just fine, but for €200 difference it's a lot less hassle

• Advertisement
Advertisement