Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to vaping....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

toby2111 wrote: »
    I'm a social smoker so I only smoke when I'm having a few beers.But I want to stop smoking so think I'll try vaping.A friend of mine spent over €80 and hasn't smoked in 2 months,he recommends it.But I'm looking at keeping the cost down yet no buying a piece of crap!! His box looked very similar to this-
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076F7HHP9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3NBIK5K35QMRO&psc=1

Looks decent enough for a starter.Then I was going to buy extra coils- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076F7HHP9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3NBIK5K35QMRO&psc=1

And some sample liquids- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075457SF5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2AD2GSXQEEPRY&psc=1

Any opinions or advise?Or should I just get a more basic set up considering I'll only use it every few weeks....

Go to a vape shop, you can try out devices and liquids. You'll dislike most liquids then find one you do like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Called into a vape store. Guy was very informative, didn't try to push anything on me. Was fairly busy(even at this hour in the morning!) so didn't get to try any devices/juices.
    Prices seemed more expensive than the one on Amazon above so might go for that, the coils and 1 sample juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Cordell

I was a medium-heavy smoker, 1 pack a day and switched to vaping 2 years ago.
    80E is about right for a decent battery and tank, I've wasted lots of moneys on cheap gear so don't make the same mistake, go for the good stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

All depends on what you feel is right for you tbh, I started on large mods and even tho they were good they were not really suited to keep me off smokes. I picked up an eleaf istick recently and in the past week I have had about 20 smokes compared to over 20 per day and finding the vape is helping that bit more than my other vapes. My mods will come into play in a few weeks/months when I get fully off the smokes tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'm a social smoker so I only smoke when I'm having a few beers.But I want to stop smoking so think I'll try vaping.A friend of mine spent over €80 and hasn't smoked in 2 months,he recommends it.But I'm looking at keeping the cost down yet no buying a piece of crap!! His box looked very similar to this-
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076F7HHP9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3NBIK5K35QMRO&psc=1

Looks decent enough for a starter.Then I was going to buy extra coils- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076F7HHP9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3NBIK5K35QMRO&psc=1

And some sample liquids- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075457SF5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2AD2GSXQEEPRY&psc=1

Any opinions or advise?Or should I just get a more basic set up considering I'll only use it every few weeks....

Never heard of that mod or the company behind it so I reckon your buying a pig in a poke. While it might seem super cheap, I would bet getting coils for that tank is going to be next to impossible over here, so if you do pick it up expect to have to sourse replacment coils via the internet.

As Cordell mentioned, €80 is not outragious for a good starter kit and when you consider how much a weeks worth of ciggies would cost you, its not really that bad a deal.

Try something like the Aspire Zelos kit which comes in around the €70 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

eleaf istick all the way - great value for money and its solid piece of kit for a newbie or a long term user, also buy local or buy Irish online
    very handy to build up a relationship with an Irish vendor for the years ahead.

Ill swear by ezsmoke.ie
    others will tell you thebestshop or eusmoke ireland or ecigarettes.ie
    Here is most of the Irish vendors:

http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors
    Good luck and stay off the cigs - well done

I've had the eleaf istick 30W and 40W batteries, i was perfectly happy with them. IIRC they are between 40-50E.
    I'm also using the 5ml Aspire Nautilus tank, which is now hard to get because of the new regulations, but you can get the 2ml one for about 20-25E.

With a few spare coils and liquid you'll hit the 80E mark for a good setup and frustration free vaping.

I've done a bit of searching on internet and that Yuma Puff brand was never mentioned. So I'd say you're right about it being dodgy.
    The best seller on Amazon is an Innokin Kebor Cloud 50W complete kit. I've seen Innokin mentioned positively on a few sites. Amazon also sell 5 pack slipstream coils (which get good reviews) for £9.49.
    Any opinions on that kit?

So I got a great deal on an ijoy captain elite ps 2170 full kit with a few 3mg sample juices. Seller also throwing in a digiflavor utank with 2 spare coils as she said its more suited to a beginner, then move up to the captain tank. Also recommended a Nitecore i2 charger as usb charging can be dangerous... Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Also recommended a Nitecore i2 charger as usb charging can be dangerous... Is that true?

The Nitecore i2 is fine. Charging batteries in a mod via a USB cable is not reccomended.

• Advertisement

Any recommendations on juices/flavours? Should I just get a 5 pack sample?
    Also,if changing juices,would I need to change the coil?Or could I just wash it out with warm water,dry it and use it again?

It depends on the liquid and coil and power and usage, but usually it will either smell bad or have reduced vapor quantity when it's time to change. Good quality coil and liquid should yield about 2 weeks between coils, but it really depends.

Washing will not help, maybe ultrasound cleaning may knock the gunk off the coil, but it's not worth it if you ask me :)

What about changing cotton or building coils? Is that tricky? Is it worth it for a Captain elite as it's single coil.

I'm not familiar with that one, so i guess you can give it a try and rebuild the coil.
    But it looks like a direct-to-lungs kind of vaping mod, are you sure that's what you need?

I'm probably more suited to a mouth to lung device as I'm a social smoker... But got a great deal so went for it. Would it be pointless to mouth to lung on the ijoy?

It should work, but reduce the power to 15W or so. If not, you can replace just the tank.

Cheers. It has the captain tank and a digiflavor utank which may be more suitable. Is there a better, more suitable tank i could get?

I can only recommend what I'm using, and that is the Aspire Nautilus with the 1.8 or 1.6 ohm coils. Easy to get, any shop should do them.

One more thing - I'll be using 0mg juice so would like more flavour, less cloud. Is it best to use low wattage with the sub ohm coils to get this?

No idea, I'm vaping flavorless base, just for the nicotine :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement