Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance question. Hit by another car

Options
  • 14-02-2018 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey guys, wondering if anyone car give me some advice. Was turning right off a small roundabout today and a car came up my left heading straight. However she cut straight through the roundabout, rather than following it around. As she exited, she cut across me into my lane and the rear right of her car scraped the front left of mine.

But shes claiming it was my fault somehow and said shes claiming my insurance.

How likely is it my insurance will pay her, how likely her insurance will pay my car?

I have photos of the damage and gave statements to gards.

Thanks in advance guyd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Have you contacted your own insurer? Is there any CCTV on nearby buildings perhaps? I had a similar thing almost happen in Galway this morning, people forgetting there's actually lanes on roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

Have you contacted your own insurer? Is there any CCTV on nearby buildings perhaps? I had a similar thing almost happen in Galway this morning, people forgetting there's actually lanes on roundabouts.

No CCTV but been in touch with my insurance. My main worry is she'll try and claim off me. Stress i really dont need. Hope you get your one sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Was she behind you when you entered the roundabout?

Tell her you have been advised to put a claim in on her insurance for the damage on your car and your solicitor is looking after it.

Ask if she wants to take solicitor details for further communication.

Have any solicitor's details that you or a family member have dealt with previously to hand - she won't contact them.

I'll guess you are fairly young - she's using bully tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Was she behind you when you entered the roundabout?

Tell her you have been advised to put a claim in on her insurance for the damage on your car and your solicitor is looking after it.

Ask if she wants to take solicitor details for further communication.

Have any solicitor's details that you or a family member have dealt with previously to hand - she won't contact them.

Yeah she was behind me , i had stopped and her momentum brought her passed me. I dont think she realises shes in the wrong. Hopefully the photos will be enough for the insurance company. Even if i have to pay for my own car i could live with it but im ****ting it incase she puts in a claim and they just payout

Put a claim in on her insurance immediately for your damage.

Plus tell her you have pains in your neck and may need to go to a doctor to get it checked - I'm not saying to make a false claim, just bully her back with such statement. I see you have studied within the medical area - you can talk the medical jargon to her and frighten the sh1te out of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,385 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Plus tell her you have pains in your neck and may need to go to a doctor to get it checked - I'm not saying to make a false claim, just bully her back with such statement. I see you have studied within the medical area - you can talk the medical jargon to her and frighten the sh1te out of her.

Seriously? Whether it by letter or phone she could be recording and you want him to make a false statement about phantom medical issues. She clipped him for gods sake

Time to buy a dash cam and you have all the proof you need.
    If there are any businesses around the roundabout check if they have CCTV covering the roundabout.
    Likelihood neither insurance will pay out as there is no real proof of who did what and the burden will be likely on you as the damage is to the front of your car

fritzelly wrote: »
    Seriously? Whether it by letter or phone she could be recording and you want him to make a false statement about phantom medical issues. She clipped him for gods sake

Time to buy a dash cam and you have all the proof you need.
    If there are any businesses around the roundabout check if they have CCTV covering the roundabout.
    Likelihood neither insurance will pay out as there is no real proof of who did what and the burden will be likely on you as the damage is to the front of your car

You really think she'd be recording a phone conversation?

And I just said to make the suggestion.

Bully the bully

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

You really think she'd be recording a phone conversation?

And I just said to make the suggestion.

Bully the bully

But is she bullying? She was involved in an accident where she believes she wasn't at fault. She knows the other person isn't going to pay for her car to be fixed so she is making a claim through his insurance. She might be wrong to think she is not at fault but claiming makes sense if she thinks she isn't at fault.

OP, just make a claim through her insurance. The two insurance companies can fight it out and decide who is liable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Let your insurer handle it.

I sure as hell wouldn't listen to the above poster telling you to start making incorrect statements / threats.

Advertisement