Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly fishing for Trout in the Limerick Region

Options
  • 14-02-2018 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

As the new season approaches, I'm hoping to get out a bit more this year. I recently moved to Limerick so am looking for some local knowledge. Particularly rivers. Obviously I'm close enough to the Suir and plan on fishing it a few times this summer. What about other Rivers in this region, the Maigue, Mulcair etc...

If anyone has any pointers it'd be much appreciated.

Also are there some good stocked lakes I could get in some practice before the season kicks off, preferably from the shore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Hi there, the Fergus in Ennis is underated and the upper Fergus has prime fishing....

Dry and wet flies,its a limestone river with plenty of hatches.....

The feale river in Co Limerick and Kerry's good too.

I won't give away any specific marks here,teenager PM me if you're interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Hi there, the Fergus in Ennis is underated and the upper Fergus has prime fishing....

Dry and wet flies,its a limestone river with plenty of hatches.....

The feale river in Co Limerick and Kerry's good too.

I won't give away any specific marks here,teenager PM me if you're interested

Thanks for that. I assume a Shannon Fisheries licence will cover the Fergus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

The trout and coarse fishing is free, but it's still closed for salmon.
    The Fergus is now open for trout fishing,it opens in February the 14th so I'm told anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

The trout and coarse fishing is free, but it's still closed for salmon.
    The Fergus is now open for trout fishing,it opens in February the 14th so I'm told anyhow.

Just checked that and you're right. I always assume things won't kick off til March, so I could get going next weekend!

Advertisement