Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eir Mobile coverage good in the city?

Options
  • 14-02-2018 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Folks - I'm currently with 3 for my sim only mobile service but find it's getting quite expensive, am thinking of changing to Eir/Meteor as they have good deals on offer but need to know if their coverage/service is good in Galway? please can current Eir/Meteor users in Galway advise..

Thank ye in advance..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

dympnab wrote:
    Hi Folks - I'm currently with 3 for my sim only mobile service but find it's getting quite expensive, am thinking of changing to Eir/Meteor as they have good deals on offer but need to know if their coverage/service is good in Galway? please can current Eir/Meteor users in Galway advise..

Find it excellent. You can always get a sim to try it out before buying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Bredabe

dympnab wrote: »

Thank ye in advance..
    I changed from crappy coverage on 3 to meteor which was excellent 99.9% of the time. We changed cause they did the 28-day thing. So we moved to post mobile and no issues with signal or cost and they message you to top up a few days before you need too. But I hear differently about 3 reception in the north of the county.

@ my phone is used in the west of the city, Eyre sq, courthouse and uni and on IR trains.
    & his phone is east city, west co galway and city centre.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

It’s not great imho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Was always good when I was with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I switched to them a couple of weeks ago from Vodafone (who are generally regarded as the best coverage wise). No complaints really, only time I noticed it was any worse was one night in Freeneys pub ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I find their coverage great.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dympnab

I find their coverage great.

Thanks a million I'm living near Terryland in Galway so am just wondering if its good in this area - generally all over Galway. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm with Three prepay "all you can eat data" for 20 yoyos a month and have no connections issues and good internet speeds all over the city.

I find them excellent, also with eir on some phones such as iPhones if you are on a wifi network it routes your call over the wifi so you could have no network coverage but if on wifi have full reception for calls and texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 dympnab

I find them excellent, also with eir on some phones such as iPhones if you are on a wifi network it routes your call over the wifi so you could have no network coverage but if on wifi have full reception for calls and texts.

Thanks very much that's good to know.

Advertisement