Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivers over 75, best insurance company?

Options
  • 14-02-2018 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a decent car insurance quote 3rd party for a full license driver 78yrs old no claims, hes my neighbour and hasn't a clue about insurance. His car is 2005 and I'm either getting stupid quotes of 1000 plus or a token "we cannot provide you with a quote". Car is a basic 1.2 L Opel.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Is there anyone he can add to the policy aged around 40? His age is going against him now but often adding someone younger can help (so long as they aren't too young)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is 1000 plus really that stupid? Someone that old in a 13-year old car is going to represent a higher risk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It is high but not ridiculous comparing to what other people have been quote.

Try all the companies in the List of insurers

Advertisement