Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puzzled

Options
  • 14-02-2018 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Just looking for a bit of advice here.

I met this really nice guy last Saturday week on a night out we were talking for ages and ended up kissing at the end of the night.
    We exchanged numbers and agreed to meet for a date.
    We had been texting and talking on the phone and because of both our busy schedules we only got to meet last night for our first date.
    The date went really well, we were laughing and flirting.
    He dropped me home and I thought he was going to kiss me but didn't make a move.
    I actually asked him are you going to kiss me? He said I promise next time I will.

I guess I am just confused because we had already kissed when we met so I assumed we would again and don't know why he refused this time.

Just looking for opinions on whether this has shown he is not interested or whether I am reading way too much into it that he didn't kiss me at the end of the date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

From a mans perspective you are just reading too much into it. He may just be trying to be extra gentlemanly because he really likes you, who knows.
    Go on a 2nd date, and judge him on that! You'll know what soon whether he is really into you or not without you stressing yourself out trying to read between the lines! Enjoy the 2nd date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Sounds a bit odd, bit cringe that you asked him but the fact he declined would either mean he's not into it or playing games, neither scenario are great for you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Maybe he's not that into you.

Maybe he felt shy at the end of the date.

Nobody here can give you a definitive answer though...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭m-a-i-

I'm going to go with the optimistic answer and suggest maybe there is something as simple as a cold or something. I'd be of the same opinion as the rest that it could be that he is not feeling it but try not to jump to any conclusions especially as he promised he will the next date. When I was first dating my partner we kissed on the second date but nothing on the third date. I jumped to all the conclusions but it turned out he had a flu and didn't want to pass it on ! 
    See what happens on the next date. That will tell all and best of luck OP x

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Just make sure there's a next date and see what happens then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 kat20

Thanks for the responses everyone.

As you all said I'll have my answer on the next date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I suspect hes just shy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

I suspect hes just shy

Yup, and if he was drunk when ye first met and kissed, but sober and on his best behaviour for your date, that'll do it. Alcohol is a well known helper with getting rid of shyness and inhibitions... which is a pain when that crutch is not there, then.

Have fun on your next date, and don't overthink it. Above all, don't spend the whole date thinking ahead to "that moment". If it were me, I'd lean in and kiss him somewhere in the proximity of his lips when "the moment" comes. You would know soon enough how things stand if you did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

Next time, kiss him.

Life lesson, some people are really bad at hints and signals. Some people are shy. But he is unlikely to misunderstand a passionate kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

That is puzzling alright.

He could have had a coldsore or cold.

You won't know till the next date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

I've not kissed people on first dates quite simply because I didn't want to rush things and/or was still making my mind up about them. Kissing signifies pretty undeniable interest and when you're in the "getting to know you" stage sometimes you want to do just that, get to know the guy/girl.

Bit weird that ye've already kissed but obviously that first time he had been drinking, dutch courage will do wonders in these scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I suspect hes just shy

And it could've been awkward if you were saying good night in the car.
    He said next time he will-reads pretty definite to me. Don't doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

I suspect hes just shy

Me too. If he wasn't that into you, he wouldm't have had a 2nd date. See how date No.3 goes.

Advertisement