Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie going insane

Options
  • 14-02-2018 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Please someone tell me I'm not alone. I'm 17+5 and I can't stop thinking that I'm not pregnant anymore. 

I had an early scan at 9 weeks and everything was perfect and I dunno why but lately I'm just worrying. Iv had no bleeding. Slight pains that my mother keeps saying is because I'm stretching but d bump as such isn't hard it's just like I'm fatter. I know this probably makes no sense but 1st time mom to be going insane and another 5 weeks til my next scan..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I was the same around that stage. There was a huge gap between scans and I didn’t feel any movement until about 21 or 22 weeks and had very few symptoms through my whole pregnancy. Unfortunately I think worrying is just another part of pregnancy! You just have to remind yourself that everything is fine and not get stressed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Toyotababy98

I'm just hoping to wake up to a hard belly and den ill stop panicing. I know how stupid that sounds but I think its the no bump is what's making me worry like ita not growing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I'm just hoping to wake up to a hard belly and den ill stop panicing. I know how stupid that sounds but I think its the no bump is what's making me worry like ita not growing

I’m trying to remember when my bump started feeling hard and I think it was closer to 30 weeks. I didn’t start wearing maternity clothes until 21/22 weeks anyway. To be honest, even when your bump gets hard, even after you have your next scan you will probably just worry about something else. It’s just par for the course. And then when the baby is born there are loads of new worries ... it’s part of being a mom!

bee06 wrote: »
    I’m trying to remember when my bump started feeling hard and I think it was closer to 30 weeks. I didn’t start wearing maternity clothes until 21/22 weeks anyway. To be honest, even when your bump gets hard, even after you have your next scan you will probably just worry about something else. It’s just par for the course. And then when the baby is born there are loads of new worries ... it’s part of being a mom!

Hopefully the next 5 weeks go fast anyway :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

You’ll start feeling movement soon! And then there’s no way you’ll be forgetting that you’re pregnant... nothing like a good sharp jab in the ribs to remind you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Would you not just pay to go have a private scan and put your mind at ease?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Would you not just pay to go have a private scan and put your mind at ease?

Would a trip.to your GP for a check up not be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

tringle wrote: »
    Would a trip.to your GP for a check up not be easier.

This. Go to your GP if you're in any concern. They can use a doppler

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I'm 28 weeks and belly still not hard!

I'd pay for a private scan. While yes GP can check heartbeat, nothing beats seeing baby on screen for reassurance until the next worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

You could also buy a Doppler. They're about €50 on Amazon.

I found it great for reassurance. Lots of people who've never used it are scared it'll send them further into a panic if they cant find a heartbeat one day but that really wasnt an issue in my experience and any casual online surveys I've seen of people who did buy one recommended it at a raye of about 95%.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Honestly, you have to have faith in your body.
    Not much help maybe but that's it.Remind yourself that in today's world we are used to everything being instant and visual and short and snappy.Nature doesn't work like that.It takes time.The next few weeks will change that.
    Pay for a private scan if you want.In the meantime - try placing your hand really low down on your stomach, like almost above the pubic bone, and see can you feel any changes.The uterus grows up and out, so it starts from down above the pubic bone, and kind of grows up from there before popping out.Depending on your BMI you may be able to feel a kind of firmness there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh don't worry Toyotababy98 and congratulation to you!!!

Mum for the first time and have to say a lot of what I thought was normal never happened.. I think we watch too much TV and expect to look a certain way when pregnant, when in fact you don't.. Even from going to the hospital there are all types or bumps small ones, big ones, some ladies didn't even look pregnant..

I think it was around 4 -5 months when I started looking pregnant and the bump wasn't hard all the time, sometimes like in the mornings it was soft and then after dinner it got solid.. The last two months, if not even month it got very strong and solid.. The boobs never got huge or anything, even now with breastfeeding they didn't change really... So relax and don't worry.. As suggested you could book and early scan if you are worried might be worth if for peace of mind.. I know going public it can be a bit worrying as you don't get as many scans, and there is a time when you don't feel the kicks or movements that you do get worried but that's all part of it.

Thanks everyone ;)

Think im starting to feel flutters but could be in my head either. Iv my first appointment in the hospital next week so I'll express my feelings there and see what the doctor says. Don't wanna feel like a pain to them with so many other woman with actual problems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Never feel that your problems are not important or their are others that are, tis all about you and ye now :). Say everything to the doctor and ask them perhaps if you could have another scan, you never know they might do...

Advertisement