Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenard University Residence

Options
  • 12-02-2018 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,
    My eldest daughter is doing her leaving cert this year and she is hoping to get into UCD. I am not mad about on campus accommodation and I found Glenard University Residence on the Internet.
    I know is run by Opus Dei (it's quite clear on the web), but has anyone stayed there recently that can give me first hand information? How is it to live there? I reckon it's safe but is it very strict?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KarenArulsamy

Hi there!

I've been living at Glenard for about 6 months now. I'm doing my MSc in UCD and living at Glenard has been really convenient for me to get to classes and focus on my studies. Although there are rules, I don't find these rules that strict. Being an international student, I was nervous about off campus accommodation in Dublin. I'm glad I ended up choosing Glenard because my housemates here are super friendly and helpful. It's definitely a great environment to meet people from different countries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Hi there,
    My eldest daughter is doing her leaving cert this year and she is hoping to get into UCD. I am not mad about on campus accommodation and I found Glenard University Residence on the Internet.
    I know is run by Opus Dei (it's quite clear on the web), but has anyone stayed there recently that can give me first hand information? How is it to live there? I reckon it's safe but is it very strict?

Can I ask why you are not mad on campus accommodation? I know it's very expensive but it is absolutely great with helping to make friends. It really is great for social life and meeting people, particularly if you are in anyways shy lie I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eleanor Perry

Hi!

I lived in Glenard for two years, when I started out in UCD and in the second year of my studies. I was nervous when I went there in the beginning, but I was quickly made to feel right at home. Everyone is really friendly and supportive and make sure to organise events that include all of the residents. It isn't that strict in regards to the rules and the overall atmosphere is great. You get to meet people from all around the world studying in different disciplines too. The location is another pro as it's only a 15 minute walk away from the main UCD campus.

Advertisement