Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Halal Scanner mobile app

Options
  • 12-02-2018 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello Everyone,

While I was in the US I used a mobile app called Halal Scanner, which scans the bar code of any product, and displays if it is halal or not based on a database they have.

I have tried using it multiple times here in Ireland, but it doesn't recognize most of the products. Did anyone use it or use an alternative that achieves the same goal?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hello Everyone,

While I was in the US I used a mobile app called Halal Scanner, which scans the bar code of any product, and displays if it is halal or not based on a database they have.

I have tried using it multiple times here in Ireland, but it doesn't recognize most of the products. Did anyone use it or use an alternative that achieves the same goal?

Thanks in advance.

You might get better responses on an Arab/Islam-specific message board, I'm not aware of anyone on the food forum who follows a halal diet. There are plenty of halal shops and grocers in Dublin (particularly around Clanbrassil St) who might also be a good resource?

Advertisement