Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance on a phone that was won

Options
  • 12-02-2018 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there,

I recently won a new iPhone, and just wondering how I go about getting this insured. I've emailed a few companies but haven't really got the information I need from their responses.

One has said that I "must be able to provide evidence of ownership in the event of a claim" and "We can offer the insurance provided there has been no previous owners of the device and you can show evidence that this gadget is yours with the IMEI number registered in your name."

Another has said "We can insure your handset as long as you can provide an invoice showing the make, model and IMEI number of the handset"

How do I go about getting documentation to prove this?

Anyone have any suggestions or experience?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The competition runner would need to forward their invoice to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

ED E wrote:
    The competition runner would need to forward their invoice to you.

I have also seen that invoice has to be in the name of person taking insureance out. Looked at this myself but could not find on without this in terms and conditions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

I'd say sell it locally and buy another one online.

Advertisement