Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car accident and NCB

Options
  • 12-02-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I had an accident this morning. The road was frozen due to snow and car just didnt stop. Hitting the car in front caused some scratches on the rear bumper of that car while my cars headlight was broken.

While it’s obvious they will make a claim .... do i loose my NCB? Do the insurance companies consider weather or road conditions?

Regards

MHAwan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Have you NCB protection on your policy? And no I don't imagine the insurance company will consider weather or road conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LPC786

No dont have NCB protection in my policy

Have you NCB protection on your policy? And no I don't imagine the insurance company will consider weather or road conditions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

LPC786 wrote: »
    I had an accident this morning. The road was frozen due to snow and car just didnt stop. Hitting the car in front caused some scratches on the rear bumper of that car while my cars headlight was broken.

While it’s obvious they will make a claim .... do i loose my NCB? Do the insurance companies consider weather or road conditions?

Regards

MHAwan

If your insurer pays out your ncb will be hit. The weather is no excuse unfortunately.

Maybe look at covering any damage from your own sources?

Right thanks
    If your insurer pays out your ncb will be hit. The weather is no excuse unfortunately.

Maybe look at covering any damage from your own sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

' Do the insurance companies consider weather or road conditions?'
    You should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭famagusta

vandriver wrote:
    ' Do the insurance companies consider weather or road conditions?' You should.

Very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

famagusta wrote: »
    Very helpful
    It is.You don't just slide into the car in front if you have given proper consideration to your speed,the road conditions,the weather,what gear you are in .
    You can just slide into the car in front if you just drive normally,and then get a shock when the car doesn't behave like it does in August.

Thanks for you wonderful advice. I will be careful in future. Luckily for me the scratches to the other car were minor to negligible so the owner let me go. But i will definitely be careful now and follow what you have pointed out
    vandriver wrote: »
    It is.You don't just slide into the car in front if you have given proper consideration to your speed,the road conditions,the weather,what gear you are in .
    You can just slide into the car in front if you just drive normally,and then get a shock when the car doesn't behave like it does in August.

Advertisement