Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad, Mad & Sad Tales of Online Dating

Options
  • 12-02-2018 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Okay, so I am hoping the MODs here will allow this.

Over the last few years of using dating apps I have accumulated a ridiculous amount of screenshots, mostly from gross guys with even grosser message content, and what I really, really want (what I really, really want) is to share the gross around - naturally.

So the idea of this thread is to share the worst messages you have ever received on dating apps. Via screenshots from your phone/pc. I guess, a plain text transcript would work too.. But you know, it lacks that touch of err... class... and VD.

Rules are simple:

- no easily identifying marks in screens -i.e. real names, face pics, etc..

- no illegal stuff

- genitalia is prob best avoided showing too

Anyways, i thought this might be a little more lighthearted than the stuff I usually end up entangled with on here and if the MODs are okay with it... I am happy to share and traumatise you all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thereality

Reddit lolgrindr sounds the exact same

What offends one person may not offend another

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I’d say as long as there’s nothing too NSFW, and no real identifying info, there shouldn’t be an issue.

On OKC, I’ve had “What does trans woman even mean? Did you put that up for the fun of it?” and the likes, but no real horror stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Oh no don't - just in case one of them is mine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

thereality wrote: »

That sub never fails to deliver!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

thereality wrote: »

What offends one person may not offend another

Thank you so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

So the idea of this thread is to share the worst messages you have ever received on dating apps. Via screenshots from your phone/pc. I guess, a plain text transcript would work too.. But you know, it lacks that touch of err... class... and VD.

Rules are simple:

- no easily identifying marks in screens -i.e. real names, face pics, etc..

- no illegal stuff

- genitalia is prob best avoided showing too

I'm not really sure that's a good idea. By all means tell stories but screenshots, even with names blurred etc isn't really great.

Advertisement