Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian Passenger Plane Crashes Minutes After Takeoff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Sad news considering 2017 was the safest year on record in aviation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

The Russian-made plane was reportedly seven years old and purchased by Saratov Airlines a year ago from another domestic airline.

According to the TASS news agency, it was put out service for two years due to parts shortage, before resuming operations in 2015.

More witnesses report large explosion.....

One witness claimed there was an “explosion” while the plane was still in the air, The Sun reports.

News agencies said witnesses in the village of Argunovo, which is about 80km from Moscow, saw a burning plane falling from the sky.

“The explosion was huge. Everything was shaking,” a witness told Life Shot news.

“I heard the noise of jet turbines. Then silence.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/russian-passenger-plane-crashes-outside-moscow-minutes-after-take-off/news-story/db683840cf379896c7b317e113530d5f

There appears to be no problems reported by the pilots prior to plane disapearing off the radar.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Such awful news. RIP to all passengers and crew. I don't know why but I hope it was an accident rather than terrorism, the latter seems worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭muppetshow1451

Anyone who opposes Putin onboard?Sounds a bit suspicious with that explosion?Tragic anyway.RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I have a bias against Russian airlines. Probably irrational but there you go.

RIP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement