Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do A4 Juniors race with A3's?

Options
  • 11-02-2018 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I've been looking through races and I'm seeing a lot of races saying "A1, A2, A3 and Junior" then "A4 Race". So, do I have the option to race in either of these or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

i think if your a junior you race wit A3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

No Juniors race with A4's but if they accrue enough points they upgrade to race A3, I think, not sure if they can decide to voluntarily race A3 without an upgrade, but defo have the option to race A4 until upgraded, as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

It seems that a Youth rider graduating to Junior age is issued an A3 licence and races A3. A rider of Junior age purchasing a first-time Junior licence is issued A4 and races A4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Plastik wrote: »
    It seems that a Youth rider graduating to Junior age is issued an A3 licence and races A3. A rider of Junior age purchasing a first-time Junior licence is issued A4 and races A4.

Correct.
    Juniors are typically A3; unless they are new to racing or if they opt for A4 at the start. If anybody was unsure, then start in A4 and sure enough it's likely that most 16/17 year olds would be able to upgrade to A3 in due course

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RowanHarley

Plastik wrote: »

Riders are actually given the choice. I was given the choice of A3 and A4 and I said Id go for A4 for my first year of racing (Not happy with making that decision though :( )

• Advertisement
Advertisement