Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday - 11th February

Options
  • 11-02-2018 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Been looking forward to seeing Children's list out since his entry in the Ladbrokes Trophy. Doesn't look like he'll be up to winning this for fitness and anyway I think he'll want better ground. I've backed him at big process for the Aintree National for small stakes but o get the feeling he'll be aimed at Fairyhouse this year.

I've backed Red Devil Lads for the trial today. Looks well treated, comes away from Rebecca Curtis yard and will like the ground. Fair shout at very big odds around 40/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Backed Space Cadet, only gone up a 1lb since his good third to Monbeg Notorious lto. 14/1 5 places was fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Mr321

Just a small bet for me on My Hometown 25s in the XC, gave some performance in the Cheltenham XC at 3m6 and his best runs seems to have been on soft at Punches and back down to 3m now.
    See how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Out sam for me in the Irish Grand national trial. James Bowen came over to ride last time and a lot presumed he was Elliotts main hope and backed accordingly in the overnights but he was then weak in the boards and the real money then came for another of Elliotts(Monbeg notorious) and he hacked up.
    Out sam ran a creditable race that day but i think they might have left a bit to work on and they've a good job jockey in O'regan for a horse like this who doesn't seem to find much for pressure so expect everything to happen late, 14/1 5 places will do me.
    Lone wolf in the 2.40 is one i'll watch with interest, tempted to have a little e/w but don't think i'll bother as he could be given an easy introduction on his first start over obstacles,i think there's plenty of ability there and just hope he puts in a nice round of jumping and i can back him next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Forever Gold for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Kesselring a massive drifter late on

Becoming a bit of a habit for Mullins horses....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Fanny **** wrote: »

Happens week in week out with them.

Fanny **** wrote: »

A lot of his horses particularly in maiden hurdles are underpriced early for fear of Mullins name and its just the market adjusting itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

backed charming zen and overland flyer in exeter. fell and pulled up. I'm in dire straits these days. the fun has stopped and i think i should stop

A lot of his horses particularly in maiden hurdles are underpriced early for fear of Mullins name and its just the market adjusting itself.

That's it in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Slattsy wrote: »
    Forever Gold for me today

I backed him myself and again it’s a disgrace as he was only out for the spin, he’s a prominent racer and they sent him off last today

• Advertisement

I backed him myself and again it’s a disgrace as he was only out for the spin, he’s a prominent racer and they sent him off last today

He's quite versatile, didn't front run when he was second to Presenting Percy just before xmas, also the prizemoney for that race was colossal so i'd be surprised if he was just out for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

He's quite versatile, didn't front run when he was second to Presenting Percy just before xmas, also the prizemoney for that race was colossal so i'd be surprised if he was just out for a spin.

He doesn’t front run, usually first 5 or 6 but the way he lined up today and he didn’t get hard time of it would suggest they’ve another race in mind

Worth keeping an eye on, def a decent pot in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Who has a market for the Irish National at this stage?

http://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Folsom-wins-second-National-Trial-for-ATR-presenter&prid=189074
    [font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]The win moves Elliott, who earlier won the Listed Hurdle with Hardline, E300,000 ahead of [/font][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Willie Mullins[/font][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] at the head of the Trainers' Championship and BoyleSports, who also sponsor the E500,000 Irish Grand National on Easter Monday, also later cut[/font][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Folsom Blue[/font][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] to 20/1 for that showpiece race.[/font]

Nulty wrote: »

Couldnt find one but Id like some of that 20-1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

backed charming zen and overland flyer in exeter. fell and pulled up. I'm in dire straits these days. the fun has stopped and i think i should stop

Well, don't know about the rest of the lads, but I've had a poor NH season so far. I'm packing in now till Cheltenham as usually it's now my form starts to dip!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

Earendil wrote: »
    Well, don't know about the rest of the lads, but I've had a poor NH season so far. I'm packing in now till Cheltenham as usually it's now my form starts to dip!

yeah I'm going to have a lash at cheltenham and then thats me id say. and possibly only cheltenham festivals/aintree/punch in future. i suppose its the only time you are confident your horse is actually going to be trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Anyone who backed Hurricane Darwin in the first should be disgusted too, clearly out for a spin over the banks

Advertisement