Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integra non vtec insurance

Options
  • 11-02-2018 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Well lads, I was looking for my first car and heard u can insure 20+ year car as a classic/vintage for cheap.

I was looking at a stock normal non turbo non vtec integra 1.6 liter. Whats your take on me gettin a normal quote for this car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Not every car, they don't like jap cars for starters.

You need to be 25 or older with a full licence, Car needs to be 20 years or older with a yearly limit of 6000 miles or so.

Try first Ireland brokers. I've my classic policy through them for 400 a year.

Dont see them touching the Integra, and I bet you are not over 25?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

vilkela wrote: »
    Well lads, I was looking for my first car and heard u can insure 20+ year car as a classic/vintage for cheap.

I was looking at a stock normal non turbo non vtec integra 1.6 liter. Whats your take on me gettin a normal quote for this car?

Your first insurance + that car = no, chance, lance.

Certainly not as a classic / vintage.

Classic providers have cottoned on to people trying to break the rules to get otherwise uninsurable (for them) cars on the road and you may as well be wearing a neon sign stating what you are looking to do.

Do you have a full licence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've heard some require you to have another policy in your name (on your main car) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

There are a few stipulations. German cars need to be 15 years or older with First Ireland. Jap stuff has to be 20 or older. You also need to have a full time daily car with a full policy. Commuting is often not covered either. I would say you will need to rethink this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

beauf wrote: »
    I've heard some require you to have another policy in your name (on your main car) etc.

Some companies do, some don't. I only own one car which is under my classic policy through first Ireland, But it seems a bit hit and miss when you inquire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Skatedude wrote: »
    ...But it seems a bit hit and miss when you inquire.

The OP might be better asking in the Vintage car forums. They might have more experience of it. I certainly gave up on the idea. Haven't looked at it since. I do low mileage but still not low enough to qualify anytime I checked it out. Which is a long time ago now.

Advertisement