Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elite Novo or Tacx T2240

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

Ignore the reference to watts which as quoted is relative to speed of the rear wheel. The max incline is a better marker and suggests both have similar resistance. I have the Novo and while it is fine for Zwift and Erg mode workouts if you are turning the rear wheel slowly there definitely is not 1500w resistance. That said an turbo that simulates a 10% gradient will cost twice as much, which I could not justify (to my wife).
    The bigger difference between these two units seems to be that the tacx has slightly more accurate power estimation and the Elite has better inertia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Cheers for that... I must have misread spec it’s actually 1100 Watts.
    If you were buying again would you go for the novo or Tacx?

Novo, just because it is cheaper. If I had the money probably the Rampa or Flux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

I picked up a Elite Novo today. Hope to set up tomorrow. I currently use Sufferfest for workouts, so hopefully they'll pair easy enough.

Am I right in thinking it doesn't take the power from my Powertap pedals anymore? I don't think Sufferfest do the power matching yet.

No definitely use the power from your powertap, the Novo just estimates power (badly). In Zwift and TrainerRoad you can take power from the power meter but still use FE-C to control the trainer resistance, not sure about Sufferfest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

ian_rush wrote:
    No definitely use the power from your powertap, the Novo just estimates power (badly). In Zwift and TrainerRoad you can take power from the power meter but still use FE-C to control the trainer resistance, not sure about Sufferfest.

Thanks Ian, was googling about earlier and think I saw Sufferfest don't do it yet... Maybe I might have to jump ship to Zwift or trainerroad.

Advertisement