Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Friend Dahmer

Options
  • 10-02-2018 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭

Found this to be a very fascinating film of a young Dahmer seen through the eyes of his peers and "friends" based off the graphic novel of the same name. If you no anything about Dahmer or have an interest about his crimes this is a must watch IMO. This is a very candid look on his early life, his struggles with homosexuality, fitting in along with his deviant and macabre fantasies.

I found this to be a very sad story really, it makes you aware he didn't turn into a monster overnight, it happened gradually over the course of many years with numerous warning signs and red flags that were ignored because nobody cared enough, plain and simple. This film really highlights how he was abandoned by everyone around him, parents, teachers and friends.

Definitely recommend this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Watched last night and found it absorbing and thought provoking. Have to empathize with young Dahmer and be thankful for our gradual improvements in mental health awareness and LBGT destigmatization. Character development and performances are very good, particularly the barely functioning parents and Dahmer himself.

Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I enjoyed it a lot a very good character study into Dahmer , I did feel slightly shortchanged at the end that we didn't get to see him kill his 1st victim though

Advertisement