Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat 10 Feb- Lug ?

Options
  • 10-02-2018 5:37pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Up lug tomorrow- what condition is ground up there?

Snow still on ground?
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Pretty sure someone on Weather forum said they saw it snow-covered today.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 64,942 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Only seeing this now but even Kippure (750m) has been covered in snow for a good number of days now from looking out my window, so I'd say Lug (925m) has been covered too.

Did you have a nice hike? Please report back here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Was up there on Tuesday, plenty of snow on Clohernagh, Lug, Corrigasleggaun etc. Almost needed crampons near the summit of Clohernagh coming up from Kelly's Lough as it was quite icy. Even met a German tourist from Munich on a pair of touring skis at the summit !!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

unkel wrote: »
    Only seeing this now but even Kippure (750m) has been covered in snow for a good number of days now from looking out my window, so I'd say Lug (925m) has been covered too.

Did you have a nice hike? Please report back here :)

Late reply - yes super hike.

Plenty of crusty snow up top.
    What a place to hike....

• Registered Users Posts: 64,942 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You'll enjoy watching this. Petty the soundtrack was removed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement