Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook App Store Corrupted?

Options
  • 10-02-2018 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Hi, updated my Macbook Pro from Yosemite to High Sierra 10.13.2 and all went swimmingly, except the App store seems broken or corrupted - if I try to download a new app it just shows the progress bar for the app but the bar doesn't move - if I click on 'updates' it just hangs forever.

Have tried signing out, guest user, deleting various things suggested online elsewhere but can't find anyone else who has this exact problem. I don't have a backup of Yosemite or a TimeMachine backup from before the update (yes, I'm an idiot! :mad:) and I can't update High Sierra as I need to do that through the App store...

Any ideas out there?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did you try this
    Open Terminal Application. Copy and paste the following command into the command line prompt:

defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -boot true ; killall AppStore ; exit

Open the App Store Back up. Sign out of it (Store > Sign out). From the Debug Menu, choose both "Clear cookies" and "reset application"

Next,

Open Finder, from the menu bar Go.. > Go to Folder...
    copy and paste the following path: ~/Library/Preferences/
    Delete the following two items:
    com.apple.appstore.plist
    com.apple.installer.plist

Reboot your machine and see if the problem persists.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5263609?start=0&tstart=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Thanks for the reply - have deleted many Library files before but didn't work - hadn't done the Terminal bit first though.

Currently can't sign out of the App store as it is beachballing when I click 'Store' but I have a feeling the App Store debug menu has been removed in the last year or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aidpears

Time to time I had the same trouble with App Store

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

pm1977x wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply - have deleted many Library files before but didn't work - hadn't done the Terminal bit first though.

Currently can't sign out of the App store as it is beachballing when I click 'Store' but I have a feeling the App Store debug menu has been removed in the last year or so?

You have to enable the debug menu using the Terminal command.

Advertisement