Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury white cream egg campaign

Options
  • 10-02-2018 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭

heard here about the cadbury white cream egg competition in the UK... I think it's a funny idea, but I really wonder, is it not going a bit in the wrong direction, i.e. attracting massively shady people into the shops, secretly scratching the tin foil from the eggs? And probably not only 'shady' people, I guess everybody could get tempted, in a moment with not much people around, to scratch the eggs a bit...I mean, it's not that you get the egg for free or something minor like that, no, you get 1000 € ...:eek::)

anybody heard some funny stories how that's working out??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

There'd be plenty of white cream if I won €1000

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The white eggs will weigh slightly less than the normal ones so a little scales is all you need

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

You can just look at the ingredients list as apparently it contains ingredients "specific to white chocolate", or so Cadbury says.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭buried

Tipp-ex a dozen eggs to fund the vomitsesh for the 12 pubs of Good friday

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Shady people scratching eggs? What did I just read?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

jellybear wrote: »
    You can just look at the ingredients list as apparently it contains ingredients "specific to white chocolate", or so Cadbury says.

yes, heard about that too. Makes it all more weird. So people even doesn't need to scratch eggs:P, they just have to read eggs for hours..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

tara73 wrote: »
    yes, heard about that too. Makes it all more weird. So people even doesn't need to scratch eggs:P, they just have to read eggs for hours..:D

Eggactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Do you get a visit to the chocolate factory too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

#whiteeggsmatter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

did a bit of research and just found this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/disgusting-potential-problem-cadburys-new-11791900

it's getting more and more weird..:D havn't thought about that, but which shopowner wouldn't do that, checking all the eggs and even if he's excluded from winning, you could tell a friend to cash in the price and do fifty fifty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I'd be devo if I was looking forward to a lovely cream egg and I got a poxy white one.

buried wrote: »
    Tipp-ex a dozen eggs to fund the vomitsesh for the 12 pubs of Good friday
    You would be doing the (14) stations surely?

I was wondering why all the Creme Eggs at the petrol station looked a bit scuffed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

IICR you can use Hydrogen Peroxide to bleach chocolate.

Of course it would be a better promotion if they were Creme Eggs covered with the old style Dairy Milk chocolate made from Irish milk and cocoa butter rather than stuff that isn't too far removed from Aldi's Dairy Fine.

Mondelez are the guys who took the triangles out of Toblerone, and closed down the Cadbury's UK factory and outsourced a lot of the chocolate production to Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,551 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I saw a recipe for a Scotch Egg using a Creme Egg. Inspired by the deep fried Mars Bar. I am looking forward to trying it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Step 1. Collect Milky Bars

Step 2. ?

Step 3. Profit

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I love white chocolate but a white cream egg sounds like scuther

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Crème eggs were already small in 1980. They are 10% smaller these days.
    We need to address that issue first.
    2nd issue, go back to real dairy milk chocolate as the ingredient as opposed to the cheaper current mixture.
    I stopped buying Club-Milks after Jacobs fcuked with the ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Bring back the Dream Egg. My god what a food that was.

Advertisement