Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reg E. Cathey RIP

Options
  • 10-02-2018 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭

Just mere days after Frasier actor, John Mahoney's passing were stricken with another celebrity death in Reg E. Cathey. Some of you will remember him from HBO shows like OZ, The Corner and The Wire. Others may remember him from House of Cards. He's also had an extensive movie career as well.

I first saw Reg on the prison drama Oz years ago as Warden Martin Querns, who was formerly prison manager unit of Emerald City after taking over for Tim McManus and then replaced by him later on. I'll never forget his quote "Don't f*ck with Querns". Then I saw him later on The Wire as Norman Wilson who worked for Tommy Carcetti. One thing I can say about him from watching him is that he had a certain charm to the roles he played.Something that I liked about him.

I any case, i'm saddened to hear of his passing. 59 is still pretty young to go I think.

latest?cb=20130314030157

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Norm from the wire.

No way.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Just mere days after Frasier actor, John Mahoney's passing were stricken with another celebrity death in Reg E. Cathey. Some of you will remember him from HBO shows like OZ, The Corner and The Wire. Others may remember him from House of Cards. He's also had an extensive movie career as well. Nonetheless it's a sad loss.

I first saw Reg on the prison drama Oz years ago as Warden Martin Querns, who was formerly prison manager unit of Emerald City after taking over for Tim McManus and then replaced by him later on. I'll never forget his quote "Don't f*ck with Querns". Then I saw him later on The Wire as Norman Wilson who worked for Tommy Carcetti. One thing I can say about him from watching him is that he had a certain charm to the roles he played.Something that I liked about him.

I any case, i'm saddened to hear of his passing. 59 is still pretty young to go I think.

latest?cb=20130314030157

And that's where I first saw him too - he portrayed him as a fantastic character on a fantastic show.

Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit:(

Wrong character R.

That was senator Clay Davis.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

was that the guy who owned the ribs place in House of cards?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I remember him mainly from Oz when TG4 screened it. Played a great part in that, I was surprised looking it up to see that he was only in eight episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

silverharp wrote: »
    was that the guy who owned the ribs place in House of cards?

Yeah. Freddy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Yeah. Freddy

an excellent character, loved the way he wasnt intimated even when Underwood became President

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Wrong character R.

That was senator Clay Davis.

:D

Right character.

Clay Davis wasn't the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Tremendous actor. Loved him in everything I saw him acting in.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

OP do you know the meaning of nonetheless?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

OP do you know the meaning of nonetheless?

Don't know what I was thinking writing that.

Advertisement