Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty Teaching and Beauty Lesson

Options
  • 10-02-2018 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, decided to write on here as I could not find my answers on google.
    Basically I am qualified beautician in ITEC and CIBTAC for two years now, and im working in a family business.
    Now, what my plans are, is to get a qualification in teaching, and NOT ITEC.
    I want to be able to give out my own certificates and diplomas, also it is not a school I want to open but private courses short day, 2-3, for small things such as eyebrow waxing, waxing, spray tan, basically anything Im qualified in.
    I do not want to teach a full one year beautician programme.
    Only short courses.
    So, would anybody know what sort of qualifications do I need to be able to give certificates legally?
    For example, train the trainer, ptlls, ctlls, dtlls, city and guilds etc.
    I just cannot figure it out in where I need to start, I am also foreign so, I have a chance of going to my country and doing a teaching course there. But will I be licenced to teach and even maybe rent a room somewhere and teach?
    Please, anybody who might know the way around this, people that teach computers for others or yoga instructors, or anybody who teaches private courses could help me out in where to start, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It would probably depend on what kind of certificates you want to give out. If you want to provide certification from a particular body then you should probably contact them and ask them what teaching qualification/certification you should have.

Advertisement