Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 6 contacts backup help

Options
  • 10-02-2018 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend an iphone help forum where I can get iphone help. I am pretty ok with android but have never used an iphone. My partner has an iphone 6 and no backup of her contacts which I think she should have. She was given the phone a few years ago when leaving a job but does not have her icloud or itunes passwords and can't get them. I have linked the phone to my windows pc and downloaded her photos but don't seem to be able to see or get at a contacts/messages/etc folder. I would like to copy these to my pc... just in case of the worst!! Any advice or pointers would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

If she has access to her icloud account on her phone could she not try to log on to iCloud on a laptop and put in that she has forgotten her password. She may be able to reset it using security questions. She would need the password to carry all her information to a new phone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Go to Apple.com/ie>support. Most questions you have will be there with a bit of digging. The Apple tech people use it themselves. The community is very useful as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Someone else setup the phone for her in her last job and she has no idea of the security questions and as I mentioned does not have any of the passwords and cannot get them. I am looking for a way to copy mainly contacts from her iphone 6 to my windows pc that does not use icloud or itunes.

I have had a look at the Apple.com/ie>support site but have not yet found anything to help. Are there any non Apple iphone forums

Refreshing this to see if there are any iPhone experts out there that can help as I have not yet found a solution
    bmay529 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an iphone help forum where I can get iphone help. I am pretty ok with android but have never used an iphone. My partner has an iphone 6 and no backup of her contacts which I think she should have. She was given the phone a few years ago when leaving a job but does not have her icloud or itunes passwords and can't get them. I have linked the phone to my windows pc and downloaded her photos but don't seem to be able to see or get at a contacts/messages/etc folder. I would like to copy these to my pc... just in case of the worst!! Any advice or pointers would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Get this if you're on a mac or google for an alternative if on a winbox. Using it for years as additional backup to iTunes, it's worth every penny, copies ALL data from multiple devices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

does not have her icloud or itunes passwords and can't get them.

If she still has access to the phone why can’t she reset the iCloud password?
    Security questions can also be reset.

Contacts can be backup to iCloud or you can use plenty of apps to do a backup and send the vcf file by email which be used to restore from at a later date if needed.

Even Outlook and google can sync contacts with a personal email. Am I missing the problem here?

Davy wrote: »
    If she still has access to the phone why can’t she reset the iCloud password?
    Security questions can also be reset.

Contacts can be backup to iCloud or you can use plenty of apps to do a backup and send the vcf file by email which be used to restore from at a later date if needed.

Even Outlook and google can sync contacts with a personal email. Am I missing the problem here?

Thanks for feedback. Forgive my ignorance of iphone but can she reset the icloud or itunes password or security questions without her passwords or access to the registered email? Phone was setup by old employer who gave it to her on leaving but she didn't think to get passwords and has no contact with them... so she has no passwords or registered email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Thanks for feedback. Forgive my ignorance of iphone but can she reset the icloud or itunes password or security questions without her passwords or access to the registered email? Phone was setup by old employer who gave it to her on leaving but she didn't think to get passwords and has no contact with them... so she has no passwords or registered email.

It appears that the iCloud account is attached to the phone’s original owner. The phone is pretty much useless I’m afraid as only they can unlock the phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If she has a passcode setup on the active phone and signed into iCloud, she can go into the settings app.

Tap the Apple ID name at the top > password & security > change password > enter passcode > new password & confirm.

After the password she can change the apple ID email to hers.

Advertisement