Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting newly renovated house

Options
  • 10-02-2018 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for advice. Currently renovating a house and to keep costs down I am painting everything myself.

So just wondering what paint do I use as an undercoat on plasterboard which was taped and jointed and what to use on fresh plaster?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celiam

Buy a 10 litre bucket of white emulsion paint thin it 50/50 water paint and paint onto New plaster then paint rooms in your chosen colour

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

celiam wrote: »
    Buy a 10 litre bucket of white emulsion paint thin it 50/50 water paint and paint onto New plaster then paint rooms in your chosen colour
    No paint manufacturer will recommend to mix paint 50/50. Only 10% is recommended as water will soak into wall and paint will dry over it making it hard to evaporate and causing bobbling.
    Professional suggestion is using primer to cover new walls and make paint look same on all surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celiam

just painted two newly plastered rooms with 50/50 white emulsion and then painted with woodies own brand paint, no problems. new plaster will soak up paint like a sponge and undercoat is expensive. 50/50 emulsion does the same job and is far cheaper

Advertisement