Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casual Football(soccer)/Rugby Bray

Options
  • 09-02-2018 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to play football, but I'm not that keen on low-level league football. I don't want to travel to away games; I don't want pay €150+ a year; I don't want to play in the pouring rain; I don't want to put up with people taking it far too seriously. I just want to get some exercise and have fun.

Ideally I'd just like a casual jumpers-for-goalposts game with young adults like me; but I wouldn't mind playing with kids, or playing walking football, or just whacking a ball back and forth with someone. I'd also be interested in touch rugby, or just throwing and kicking a rugby ball about.

I'm near People's Park in Bray, so ideally something there would be good, but doesn't have to be. I'm flexible with times.

Anyone interested in setting something up, or already play casually that I could join in with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

8enhughes wrote: »
    I want to play football, but I'm not that keen on low-level league football. I don't want to travel to away games; I don't want pay €150+ a year; I don't want to play in the pouring rain; I don't want to put up with people taking it far too seriously. I just want to get some exercise and have fun.

Ideally I'd just like a casual jumpers-for-goalposts game with young adults like me; but I wouldn't mind playing with kids, or playing walking football, or just whacking a ball back and forth with someone. I'd also be interested in touch rugby, or just throwing and kicking a rugby ball about.

I'm near People's Park in Bray, so ideally something there would be good, but doesn't have to be. I'm flexible with times.

Anyone interested in setting something up, or already play casually that I could join in with?

5-a-side? There's various groups playing in Bray and Greystones I think - maybe ask on the Bray Open Forum on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Also interested in this. Posted on the Bray Open Forum before, to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 8enhughes

MaccaTacca wrote: »
    Also interested in this. Posted on the Bray Open Forum before, to no avail.
    I hadn't heard of Bray Open Forum before (only recently moved here). I'll give that a try once I get accepted to the group.

What you interested in MaccaTacca? I just ran a search for post containing football/soccer/rugby on Bray Open Forum, but didn't see anything that looked like your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

8enhughes wrote: »
    I hadn't heard of Bray Open Forum before (only recently moved here). I'll give that a try once I get accepted to the group.

What you interested in MaccaTacca? I just ran a search for post containing football/soccer/rugby on Bray Open Forum, but didn't see anything that looked like your post.

Sorry, I should have said in my original post!

I’d be looking to play 5/6/7 aside football in the Greystones-Bray-Shankill area.

I’m 20, so ideally it would be with lads of a similar age, but I’d rather play with older people than with no one at all.

Advertisement