Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for company lease car

Options
  • 09-02-2018 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am a limited company contractor and planning to lease a car on my limited company. I am aware that I might have to pay BIK depending on the car price as I will be using car for private use. But I wonder if the insurance policy should be bought on company name or mine? As I still hold a Irish provisional license and international license of non EU country the insurance quotes are crazy. If the insurance is on the company name can I drive it or should I be named driver in the insurance?

Any pointers would be helpful for me and highly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

If car is yours and registered in your name, then policy must be in your name. If car is owned by company and registered in company name, then you will have to be a named driver. You hold a Provisional Licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Firstly, you hold a Provisional Licence. No questions or doubts here.

If car is owned by you and registered in your name, you must insure it in your name.

If car is owned by the Ltd Company and registered in that name, then you must be a named driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

ravima wrote: »
    Firstly, you hold a Provisional Licence. No questions or doubts here.

If car is owned by you and registered in your name, you must insure it in your name.

If car is owned by the Ltd Company and registered in that name, then you must be a named driver.

Bear in mind that most "company" policies require that the "employees" hold a full licence.

Advertisement