Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should roller blind cord be attached to wall

Options
  • 09-02-2018 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Recently got roller blinds into house and a lot are floor to ceiling.
    Recently had a baby girl also.

I noticed that none of the blinds cords are attached/pinned to wall, should they be for safety reasons?
    They do have little breaks/clips on parts of ball chain where I think they should break apart of pressure put on them.
    Is this safe enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You have a baby girl.

Which would you prefer? ‘Safe’, or ‘safe enough’?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

endacl wrote: »
    You have a baby girl.

Which would you prefer? ‘Safe’, or ‘safe enough’?

I suppose what I’m asking is are they actually fully safe?
    Is there some law that the company are legally obliged to pin them to the wall or can they get away with just those clip things around beads?

They are not safe unless wall attached. When we were getting some last year I asked for wall attached. The woman looked horrified that I'd felt the need to ask. She said "all our blinds HAVE to be wall attached for safety reasons". Now I don't know if that was because of their own policies or something more official.

She assured us our children would be safe. We don't have kids, we were worried about our cats :D

Advertisement