Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirt Cheap DIY VR

Options
  • 09-02-2018 2:42pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Going to try and do a proper guide to this but I managed to get my DK1 setup on an older gaming machine , and via a usb soundcard tiny microphone and headset, some extension cables a kinnect 360 and leap motion have positional tracking , communications and VERY basic motion controls working.
    Theoretically with Vridge/Riftcat/Trimmius Gire you could do the same with a phone and cheapo headset rather than the Dk1.
    I also did a minor hack with a screen filter to reduce the screen door effect a little, so all in all it feels like a slightly blurrier Dk2 .
    Next up is to get PSmove controllers working with it .
    I'm using Driver4vr for most of this .The pros are that it works surprisingly well at using the kinect camera for 3d tracking , and is an all in one control for the psmove/kinect/leap/button mapping.
    The cons are the its a bit fiddly to configure , and the lime limit on the unpaid version makes it a bit hard to get working before you spend 20 quid on it .

will post a bit more once I get it working
    Driver4vr.com has a bit about the program I'm using

that Dk1 screen door mod link
    https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=18127&start=80

Advertisement