Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eflow

Options
  • 08-02-2018 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Came home from work this evening to find out that my other half had been driving through the toll but never mentioned it to me. I taxed the car with my new address 2 weeks ago and just received a load of penalties, some of them are second notices, I presume the first was sent to the old address. I rang eflow straight away to discuss this and they said another unpaid toll from September went to solicitors, so this was also sent to old address. I have to ring back at 9am tomorrow. What am I facing here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Did you not ask them when you spoke with them?

M50 Toll – Penalty Charges and Fines: If you don’t pay the €3.10 euro before 8pm the day after you use the M50 – you will be charged another €3. If this new total of €6.10 is not paid within another 14 days – you will be charged another late payment charge of €41 . Failure to pay the now €47.10 euro due within a further 56 days will result in an additional €102.50 penalty being applied.
    The grand total after 10 weeks will now be €149.60 Euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daniasjc

I explained that I had received second penalty notices but hadn't received the first and think it could be due to the change of address. They told me to ring back in the morning to discuss it further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

daniasjc wrote: »
    I explained that I had received second penalty notices but hadn't received the first and think it could be due to the change of address. They told me to ring back in the morning to discuss it further

Then, to be honest, only they can tell you.

The are usually decent enough to deal with.

Rang them this morning, they reduced all the penalties so just paid the 6.10 for each journey

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Happy days! hopefully the wife doesn't mind you asking where she's going and how she gets there in future! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

daniasjc wrote: »
    Rang them this morning, they reduced all the penalties so just paid the 6.10 for each journey

A great crowd to deal with if your not taking the p1ss.

Happy days! hopefully the wife doesn't mind you asking where she's going and how she gets there in future! ;)

Opposite way around, I'm the wife! I'll keep a close eye on him in future ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LauraB77

. I have just encountered a problem with eflow. 2 journeys on separate days through the toll that I genuinely forgot to pay. I did not receive any letters until this week as aparantly my address was somehow changed in the tax office by error. I called eflow and found them so unhelpful very rude on the phone saying that it doesn't matter that I didn't get the letters. I should have paid on time. I completely understand that I should have paid but it was human error and we all make mistakes. Reminders are obviously sent for a reason and I didn't receive any through no fault of my own. So now 4 weeks before Christmas they are demanding that I pay 500e!! They also refused to put me through to there supervisor when I requested this. Any ideas if I should just let this go to court?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

LauraB77 wrote: »
    . I have just encountered a problem with eflow. 2 journeys on separate days through the toll that I genuinely forgot to pay. I did not receive any letters until this week as aparantly my address was somehow changed in the tax office by error. I called eflow and found them so unhelpful very rude on the phone saying that it doesn't matter that I didn't get the letters. I should have paid on time. I completely understand that I should have paid but it was human error and we all make mistakes. Reminders are obviously sent for a reason and I didn't receive any through no fault of my own. So now 4 weeks before Christmas they are demanding that I pay 500e!! They also refused to put me through to there supervisor when I requested this. Any ideas if I should just let this go to court?

Contact the tax office and find out how the address error occured.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Please don't post in old threads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement